Monday, January 21, 2019

Chocolate Cupcake with Cinnamon Frosting


I made these delicious chocolate cupcakes using recipe from The Stay At Home Chef. This is an extremely easy to follow recipe, in less than an hour you've got 24 big fat delicious cupcakes in front of you. I've pretty much followed the entire recipe except for the cocoa powder. I opted (yet again) for the dutch cocoa powder instead of natural unsweetened cocoa powder because that's all I have in my pantry *shrugs* (check out my Red Velvet Cake post on the difference between the two and when to use what). The cocoa powder worked perfectly, not only did it not affect the fluffiness of the cupcake, it gave the cupcakes a super rich and dark chocolatey taste. AH I was obsessed! 

I didn't make the chocolate buttercream frosting from the recipe, instead I made cinnamon buttercream frosting. I thought it would complement the richness of the chocolate, balance the flavor out a bit, or the cupcakes might be too dense and strong in flavor. Cinnamon buttercream frosting is basically your regular buttercream frosting with ground cinnamon. I used this recipe from Two Sisters Crafting as a guide and just adjusted the ground cinnamon measurement as I go. Instead of 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, I used a little more than 1 Tablespoon. For some reason I could barely taste the cinnamon with just 1 teaspoon so I just kept adding until I found the taste I like. 

Frost the cupcake, top it off with some more ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick, and here you have it - a chocolatey and cinnamony party in your mouth! 

**Cinnamon sticks are just for garnish, don't eat them lol**



What other frosting flavors do you think will go well with chocolate cupcakes? 

Thank you for reading and happy eating! - Mich



0 comments: