Thursday, January 24, 2019

Dark Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread

Usually when you ask a couple, "Hey, what would you do differently if you could redo your wedding?" There's always something they would like to change - budget, guest list, photographer.. But not us, Wayne and I loved every aspect of our wedding so much that we would do anything to relive that amazing weekend! Huge thanks to my sister and my brother in law, they were an immense help for our wedding. Despite the jet lag (they arrived from Hong Kong the day before the wedding weekend), they took up the tasks to make desserts for our reception and breakfast for our Sunday brunch! I know, right!? How ridiculously crazy were they!? So much love for these two 💕 We're so grateful 😊

Today's post is on one of the breakfast items they've made for our Sunday brunch - banana bread! Our guests loved the banana bread so much that they wanted take a whole loaf home (I won't name names lol). This banana bread is unique because instead of using sour cream as your special ingredient, it uses tahini. Tahini is basically roasted sesame seeds. Think nut butter, it is super thick and just nutty all around. When you get a waft of this banana bread, it's pure heaven.. nutty banana heaven. My BIL found this recipe on Butter & Brioche. It's a pretty standard, easy to follow recipe. I've followed every step, with the only exception that my baking time took over an hour. It was closed to 1 hour and 20-25 minutes.




These pictures don't do the banana bread any justice! It smells so good that every time you walk pass it, you can't help but want to eat a slice. With that said.. we've pretty much killed the whole loaf, and this was made two days ago.. I know, we have a self-control problem. If you have an afternoon to spare, give this recipe a try! Let me know how you like it. I love it so much I don't know if I can go back to regular banana bread!

Here's a photo of my side of the family at our wedding :) Can you spot my sister and my brother in law? 💓😍


Thank you for reading and happy eating! - Mich




0 comments: