Thursday, January 31, 2019

Jenny Bakery Wannabe Butter Cookies

Oh no, I think it's a mistake I learned how to make these butter cookies cause they're SO ADDICTIVE and I can't stop eating them..! 😳 Welp, now that I'm down the rabbit hole, I guess the only thing left to do is share the recipe and drag you guys down with me (into buttery heaven)! Haha


This was a really fun bake for me! There aren't tons of recipes out there so I got to experiment a bit. I ended up merging two recipes together:

Couple notes on the recipe:
- You need a scale to weigh all the ingredients. Measuring cups are not accurate enough and will affect the density of the cookies. 
- You need a strong and thick piping bag. The dough is thick so the force during piping could burst the bag if they're not strong enough. 
- If you don't have salted butter (like me), just add about 1/4 tsp of salt.
- I tried using Russian piping tip and it was really difficult to make it look neat, so I resorted to the Open Star piping tip (Wilton 1M).




Thank you for reading and happy eating! - Mich

Jenny Bakery Wannabe Butter Cookies

Time: ~45 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies

Ingredients:
- 5.25 oz Salted Butter (1 stick + 2.5 TBSP) at room temperature
- 30 g Powdered Sugar
- 95 g All Purpose Flour
- 75 g Corn Starch

Instruction:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit (180 degree celcius).
2) Prepare baking tray with parchment paper.
3) Cream together butter and powdered sugar at medium high speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.
4) Sift all purpose flour and corn starch.
5) Fold the sifted flour mixture into butter sugar mixture until well incorporated. Do not beat or over mix.
6) Put the dough into a piping bag with tip.
7) Pipe the cookies into a spiral by using a circular motion from outskirt to center.
8) Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes until light golden.
9) Let them rest for a couple minutes before moving to cooling rack.

0 comments: